1. Netball Australia Limited (NA) (ABN 66 003 142 818) is the governing body of netball in Australia. NA manages and promotes various netball programs, events and activities, including NetSetGO.
2. NA and each of the Australian Netball Organisations (defined in clause 8 below) respects your privacy and is committed to the protection of your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
3. NA may disclose your personal information to other Australian Netball Organisations and each Australian Netball Organisation may disclose your personal information to NA or to other Australian Netball Organisations, including for the purposes of enabling them to administer the game of netball in their respective areas and provide related activities and services.
6. Personal information is information or an opinion about an identifiable individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. The information or opinion does not have to be true or recorded in a material form.
b) each of NA’s related bodies corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth));
c) each State and Territory Member Organisation, being the governing bodies of netball in each Australian State and Territory currently known as Netball ACT (ABN 85 800 220 698), Netball NSW (ABN 19 001 685 007), Netball NT (ABN 73 772 881 978), Netball Queensland (ABN 58 429 487 881), Netball SA (ABN 12 814 437 874), Netball Tasmania (ABN 62 028 131 759) , Netball Victoria (ABN 83 704 752 745) and Netball WA (ABN 36 657 982 648) (Member Organisations);
d) each Affiliated Organisation, being those organisations (other than Member Organisations, Regional Associations and Affiliated Clubs) which are affiliated to NA from time to time in accordance with NA’s constitution;
e) each Suncorp Super Netball Club that is owned and operated by a Member Organisation, being the clubs currently known as Adelaide Thunderbirds, Giants Netball, Melbourne Vixens, NSW Swifts, Queensland Firebirds and West Coast Fever (including Netball WA Inc. (ABN 36 657982 648));
f) the Suncorp Super Netball Club owned and operated by Collingwood Football Club Limited (ABN 89 006 211 196) currently known as Magpies Netball;
g) the Suncorp Super Netball Club owned and operated by Melbourne Storm Rugby League Club Limited (ABN 62 081 369 468) currently known as Sunshine Coast Lightning;
h) The Confident Girls Foundation (ABN 62 614 643 882);
i) Super Netball League (ACN 633 116 480);
j) The Australian Netball Players’ Association (ABN 66 082 067 113);
B. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
10. The personal information we generally collect about you will depend on the primary purpose for which such information was collected. We may collect and hold various kinds of information about you in connection with our legitimate functions and activities, including:
a) ‘contact information’, such as your name, phone numbers, mobile numbers, occupation, postal address details, emergency contact details, email address and social media details;
b) your date of birth, age, gender, netball rankings and results;
c) details of netball programs that you have participated in and organisations with which you have participated;
d) copies of communications between you and us;
e) information regarding any outstanding payments owed by you to us;
f) other personal information provided voluntarily by you, for example, information provided in response to surveys or competitions;
g) payment and credit card details and purchasing preferences, if you apply for membership, purchase goods or services from, or make other payments to, us or our agents, licensees, contractors or payment gateway providers;
h) details of your academic qualifications, results, professional interests, reference checks, car registration and drivers licence details (if applicable), if you apply for employment or volunteer positions with us;
i) non-personally identifiable information, such as your IP address, browser type, web pages visited etc.;
j) your favourite netball club, membership history and other related information; and/or
k) other personal information that is relevant to the conduct of our legitimate activities.
11. Some of the information that you give to us may be required to be given to us to enable us to assist you. With other information, it may be optional whether you give it to us. If you do not give us some, or all, of the personal information that we request, it may affect our ability to communicate with you. It may also affect our ability to provide products or services to you and it may affect your ability to register for and participate in netball programs or activities conducted by us or apply for employment or volunteer positions with us. If it is impracticable for us to deal with you in circumstances where you have not provided the information or consents that we have requested, we may decline to do so.
12. Sensitive information is a subset of personal Information that is generally afforded a higher level of privacy protection, such as health information. Sensitive information includes health and genetic information and information about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association or trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record and some types of biometric information. We only collect sensitive information where it is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities and where you have either consented to provide that information or we are required or authorised by or under law (including applicable privacy legislation) to do so. We may use health information about you for insurance purposes and/or to ensure that netball programs in which you participate are run safely and in accordance with any special health needs you may have. We may also use sensitive information in accordance with the requirements of our respective constitutions, rules, regulations, policies and procedures, including for health, medical and anti-doping testing purposes and investigations. For example, we may ask for:
a) details of a disability you may suffer, if you elect to provide that information to allow us to provide you with relevant services and information;
b) details of your cultural background, nationality, and language(s) spoken, if you elect to provide that information to allow us to provide you with culturally sensitive information and services;
c) background checks, including reference checks, police checks, working with children checks and completed member protection declarations and related documents if:
i. you apply for, and/or obtain an employment or volunteer position with us;
ii. you apply for and/or obtain a NA Coach or Umpire Accreditation;
iii. you are proposing to provide, or provide, certain services to us;
iv. you apply for and/or obtain accreditation at a netball event;
v. you are a netball player participating in one of our programs or a netball tournament, competition or event; or
vi. we otherwise consider it appropriate to obtain background checks in relation to you before entering into contracts, arrangements or understandings with you, or entities related to you; and
d) medical information and emergency contact details. For example, this information may be held about you if you are a netball participant and/or have elected to participate in fitness or sporting activities.
13. In addition, we may also use de-identified information and other sensitive information to carry out research, to prepare submissions to government or a government body or to plan events and activities. De-identified information is information which has been aggregated or otherwise de-identified so that it cannot be used to identify you or any other individual.
C. HOW AND WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
14. We collect personal information reasonably necessary to carry out our business of governing and administering the sport of netball in Australia, including one or more of our functions or activities. You may decide to provide your personal information to us for a range of different reasons. By way of example:
a) you may be a netball participant;
b) you may wish to attend a netball activity or event;
c) you may wish to purchase a ticket or a corporate hospitality package to a netball event;
d) you may attend a netball event and elect to provide your personal information while at the event;
e) you may wish to receive newsletters from us;
f) you may wish to register for MyNetball;
g) you may wish to undertake online learning;
h) you may wish to make an online or other purchase from us;
i) you may wish to apply for employment with, or volunteer for, us;
j) you may wish to provide services to us;
k) you may enter a competition or promotion being conducted by us;
l) you may wish to connect with us via social media; or
m) you may wish to make a donation to us.
15. Generally, we will collect personal information directly from you. Personal information can be directly collected by us in a number of ways and through a number of mediums (including through forms, Online Systems (as defined in clause 16 below) and other electronic or paper correspondence). By way of example, personal information can be collected:
a) when you provide your personal information, or agree to your personal information being provided, to us via one of our Online Systems, including www.netball.com.au, or other websites managed by us;
b) when you enter your personal information, or agree to your personal information being entered, into one of our Online Systems, including, MyNetball;
c) when you email us or contact us by telephone or mail;
d) when you engage with us via social media;
e) when you elect to receive netball-related newsletters or other information;
f) when you enter a competition that is being conducted by us or on our behalf;
g) when you purchase tickets to a netball event from us or our authorised agents or licensees;
h) when you purchase merchandise from us or our authorised agents or licensees;
i) when you purchase other products or services from us or our authorised agents or licensees;
j) when you provide us with information in an application or consent form, survey, feedback form or incident report; and/or
k) when you make a donation to us.
a) a computer or device connected to a network (such as the internet) and ready to use (or be used by) other computers or devices;
b) any database, file, or webpage available for downloading or reading;
c) services such as ticket reservation systems, participation registration and competition management, online learning, or capability such as online help, available directly through a computer system or under its direct control;
d) digitized content that can be transmitted over the internet or computer networks (which can include text, audio, video, and graphics); and
e) websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.
17. We may also collect and use personal information that is given to us by another Australian Netball Organisation or a third party in the course of its business, if that collection is reasonably necessary for our, or the third party’s, legitimate functions or activities. Examples of such third parties could include:
a) those regional or metropolitan netball associations which are members of, or affiliated to, a Member Organisation (Regional Association) and affiliated clubs which are members of or affiliated to a Regional Association and/or Member Organisation (Affiliated Clubs) (from which we may collect personal information to register you for MyNetball);
b) the International Netball Federation (INF);
c) the Australian Institute of Sport and State/Territory Institutes/Academies of Sports;
d) the Australian Olympic Committee;
e) non-affiliated netball organisations;
f) schools and community groups that participate in our programs;
g) your nominated referees in the case of our recruitment activities;
h) the Australian Sports Commission (Sport Australia);
i) the Australian Sport Anti-Doping Authority;
j) Commonwealth Games Australia;
k) the Australian Sports Foundation;
l) NA’s authorised betting operators;
m) ticketing agents and providers and event organisers, when you purchase tickets to a netball event;
n) vendors, when you purchase netball related goods or services;
o) payment gateway service providers;
p) our commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, broadcasters and suppliers; and
q) Law enforcement bodies.
We may also receive information about you from third parties in relation to other websites. For example, you may choose to participate in a third party application or feature as part of our services (such as logging in through Facebook Connect or Google+ or otherwise linking to the services from another website or interactive service) or on a third party website or service (such as a Facebook application or similar application or feature) through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including personal information.
When you choose to participate, you may be opting to link your activity on our Online Systems with that third party website or service, which may then collect information about your visits to our Online Systems and may publish that activity as you request to your “profile” or similar feature with that third party (such as if you choose to share content you find on our Online Systems with your “connections” on the third party’s website or service).
18. We may, at times, collect information on publicly maintained records, if that collection is reasonably necessary for our legitimate functions or activities.
D. HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN?
19. We may collect personal information regarding a child under 18 years of age and certain other persons from a parent, legal guardian or ‘responsible person’. Please do not provide personal information to us about a child or another person unless you are authorised to do so by law. If you are under 18 years of age and you provide us with your personal information, your parent or legal guardian will need to approve the provision of your personal information to us on your behalf.
E. ANONYMITY AND PSEUDONYMITY
20. We will provide individuals with the opportunity of remaining anonymous or using a pseudonym in their dealings with us where it is lawful and practicable (for example, when making a general enquiry). Generally, it is not practicable or lawful for us to deal with individuals anonymously or pseudonymously on an ongoing basis. If we do not collect personal information about you, you may be unable to participate in or have access to our events, programs or activities. Personal information and contact details are also required to contact you in the case of a medical emergency or to register you for certain competitions, programs and activities.
F. FOR WHAT PURPOSES CAN WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
21. We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected and, in certain circumstances, for a secondary purpose related to the primary purpose, including:
a) to verify your identity and reduce the likelihood of duplications in our Online Systems;
b) to complete and retain background checks;
c) to provide you with products or services you have requested, including information about tickets, merchandise and special offers, or which we reasonably believe may be of interest to you;
d) to provide you with information about relevant activities and opportunities and keep you informed of news and information (such as advance notice of ticket sales) relating to netball and other sports, including by distributing newsletters, publications and other communications via various mediums;
e) to assist other Australian Netball Organisations;
f) to administer and enforce the rules of netball (including the National Policy on Match Fixing in Netball and the Anti-Doping Policy), which may include providing your personal information to betting operators who provide betting services on netball;
g) to research, develop, run, administer and market existing and new competitions, programs, activities and other events;
h) to share relevant player information with relevant sporting bodies such as the INF, Australian Olympic Committee, Commonwealth Games Australia, the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority, the Australian Sports Commission (Sport Australia), the Australian Institute of Sport, State/Territory Institutes/Academies of Sports and other relevant bodies;
i) to organise medical treatment for players;
j) to administer, manage and improve our Online Systems, to provide you with access to, and the functionality of, our Online Systems and to allow you to participate in the interactive features of our Online Systems, when you choose to do so;
k) collect statistics on your use of our social media channels;
l) to manage your relationship with us;
m) to disclose to other Australian Netball Organisations relevant information regarding your financial standing with us, including whether or not you are a financial member;
n) to disclose to our professional advisors, including accountants, auditors and lawyers, or insurers or insurance brokers, when considered necessary or appropriate;
o) to disclose to third party service providers we engage to carry out functions or activities on our behalf, including payment processing and authorisation, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customisation, order fulfilment and shipping, marketing and promotional material distribution, website evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing;
p) to assist law enforcement bodies, when considered necessary or appropriate;
s) to contact and interact with you via direct mail, email, telephone, SMS, MMS messages, the internet and social media; and
t) for any purpose that is reasonably apparent at the time your personal information is collected from you.
Wherever practicable, we will inform you more specifically of the primary purpose of a collection as part of our collection statement, which will be made available to you at the time of the collection.
22. It is important that you understand and accept that MyNetball, the Online System that publishes results, statistics, ladders and competition management for netball competitions in Australia, is a public portal and that the following information concerning individual players is publicly available and/or fully searchable:
a) player ID number;
b) first name and last name;
c) participating clubs, associations and competitions;
d) grade, season, round, date and match details;
e) fixtures, including dates, times, venues and opponents; and
f) playing statistics.
G. OUR ONLINE SYSTEMS
25. Web beacons are images that originate from a third party site to track visitor activities. We use web beacons to track the visiting patterns and browsing habits of individuals accessing our Online Systems. This information is not intended to and will generally not include any personal information, and we will not use the information to identify any individual.
H. HOW DO WE HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION?
28. We store information in a number of secure databases (including trusted third party storage providers), paper-based files or other electronic record keeping methods. Personal information may be collected in paper-based documents and converted to electronic form for use or storage (with the original paper-based documents either archived or securely destroyed). We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
29. The security of personal information is important to us and we use physical security and other measures to ensure that personal information is protected from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Personal information held in paper-based form is generally securely stored at our respective head offices or, in the case of archived records, at external storage facilities in Australia.
30. We maintain computer and network security by using firewalls, user identifiers and passwords to control access to our Online Systems. Online purchases made via our Online Systems use encryption methods and credit card data is stored using systems compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. We also take steps to destroy or de-identify information that we no longer require. In some cases, there are statutory requirements for retaining information for a prescribed period of time.
31. When considering new initiatives and projects, we always ensure that privacy considerations are taken into account.
I. WILL WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OVERSEAS RECIPIENTS?
J. HOW TO CORRECT AND ACCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION
34. In certain circumstances, we may not be able to provide you with access to your personal information, for example, where:
a) access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
b) we are required by a law enforcement agency to withhold the information;
c) the information may affect current legal proceedings; or
d) the information may affect the health or safety of another individual.
36. If you ask us to correct personal information that we hold about you, or if we are satisfied that the personal information that we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
37. If we correct personal information about you, and we have previously disclosed that information to another agency or organisation that is subject to the Privacy Act, you may ask us to notify that other entity. If so, we will take reasonable steps to do so, unless this would be impracticable or unlawful.
38. Except in the case of more complicated requests, we will endeavour to respond to access and correction requests within 30 days.
K. NOTIFIABLE DATA BREACHES SCHEME
39. In the event of any loss, or unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal information that is likely to result in serious harm to you, in accordance with our obligations under the Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme, we will investigate and notify you and the Australian Information Commissioner as soon as practicable of becoming aware of the loss, or unauthorised access or disclosure, in accordance with the Privacy Act). When notifying you and the Australian Information Commissioner, we will outline the steps that will be undertaken in response to the breach. A review of the breach will be undertaken in accordance with our Data Breach Response Plan, and actions implemented to prevent a future breach.
M. HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT
43. If you are unhappy with our response to your complaint, you have the right to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). Details of how to contact the OAIC are provided on its website at www.oaic.gov.au.
N. WHO TO CONTACT ABOUT PRIVACY MATTERS
You can contact Netball Australia by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or the relevant Australian Netball Organisation by using the contact emails below:
Australian Netball Organisation
Netball NSW (including the GIANTS Netball and NSW Swifts clubs)
Netball Queensland (including the Queensland Firebirds club)
Netball SA (including the Adelaide Thunderbirds club)
Netball Victoria (including the Melbourne Vixens club)
Netball WA (including the West Coast Fever club operated by Netball WA Inc.)
Magpies Netball club
Sunshine Coast Lightning club
The Confident Girls Foundation
The Australian Netball Players’ Association
Super Netball League
Alternatively, you can write to Netball Australia (for the attention of the Privacy Officer) at Netball Australia, PO Box 13285 Law Courts VIC 8010 or telephone Netball Australia on 03 8621 8600.
Approved by NA Board 29 June 2019
8 July 2019 (replaces 29 June 2016)